Poor Man's T-SQL Formatter

You know those nice little helpful add-ins and plug-ins that you discover one day and they really help with your productivity?

Today I had to do some SQL scripting again and since I don't do it that often I get a little rusty. I also hate ugly looking code of any kind - anything that's not neat, tidy and sensibly formatted. Formatting is one of those things that's best automated - why would you waste your time meticulously making sure all your code is of consistent style, broken into new lines at the right point etc.


Tools help and one such tool is the Poor Man's T-SQL Formatter:
http://architectshack.com/PoorMansTSqlFormatter.ashx

I discovered this one many years ago and I keep coming back to it because it is simply what I need, it works, it's quick to install and doesn't cost anything. Today I was working with Sql Server Management Studio 2017 and I wondered, hey does that plugin work with this version. Yes, yes it does. Awesome.

Absolute kudos to the developer who wrote this brilliant little piece of software and still maintains it so it is compatible with the latest releases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wingfoiling app for Garmin Watch

That pesky hard-coding